Rules & Regulations
Please be sure that you’ve read over the guidelines carefully. Failure to comply with these rules can result in disqualification.
- A studio may not compete against itself in the same category with the same identical performers.
- The same dancer(s) competing with two or more Solos/Duets/Trios may do so, but only their highest scoring entry will be eligible for Divisional Overalls (Top Score Awards).
- Talking & lip-syncing are permissible.
- Props are permitted, however any prop that poses a danger is prohibited. A total time of 2 minutes will be allowed for the set-up and tear-down of props. Any other people that appear on stage during any part of the routine are to be considered part of the performance group.
- Teachers/Instructors – Persons who are post high school and/or who are teachers/instructors or professional dancers must compete their performance in the Adult Age Division regardless of other students ages.
- Videotaping and/or movie cameras are strictly prohibited. Participating studios will be disqualified if any studio member, participant, or spectator brings equipment into the auditorium. Studio owners/directors are responsible for making their members aware of this rule.
- Contestants grant Xpression Dance permission to use contestant’s professional photography and/or video for advertising and promotional purposes.
- Professional videos of performing routines will be available to order in the competition lobby.
- Any teacher, parent, contestant or participant displaying improper conduct or presenting material not suitable can be refused participation. Furthermore, if participation is refused, it will result in the loss of any entry fees.
- Contestants are understood to recognize the risks of physical injury inherent in dance and dance performances and are willing to assume those risks. It is agreed that participants will not hold Xpression Dance or its directors and/or employees liable for injuries sustained or illnesses contracted while in attendance and/or participating in any activity at the Xpression Dance Competitions or functions.
- Xpression Dance is not responsible for any and all claims concerning theft, injury or damage while participating in this competition.
- Prior to the competition, a time schedule and directions to the event will be sent to all studios entered. Schedules will be sent and will arrive one week prior to the competition date.
- Score sheets will be available after the competition on our website via your studio Log-In.